Full Service Sewn Product Development + Production
Welcome! We would love to hear about your product development and sewn goods production needs.
Satsuma Designs is a Seattle-based social enterprise that works with area refugee and immigrant women to teach and employ in the sewn goods industry.
We are a full service sewn goods production company that can assist with the following:
- Business planning
- Website and marketing strategy
- Materials sourcing (fabric, trims, hardware, thread, labels, hang tags, packaging)
- Product costing
- Pattern making
- Pattern grading (creating multiple sizes)
- Marker production and printing in house on 40" wide plotter (digital layout of a pattern on a large sheet of paper laid atop fabric layers for efficient production cutting)
- Product sampling
- Cutting and sewing
- Small to large volume production runs
Work with Satsuma Designs
For a full description of our pricing and capabilities, please click on this link that will take you to a flip deck. We recommend viewing in 'fullscreen' mode for comfortable reading (so say our middle aged eyes!). *credit card payments incur 3% service charge.
To be contacted by a member of our team, please fill out this form.
Just getting started or interested in moving production? Let us sample your sewn product. Sampling starts at $50/hour with a minimum of four (4) hours.
Are You Interested In Ethical Production?
You may be if you answer YES, please! to any or all of these descriptors.
- Work with a U.S.-based manufacturer to help create American jobs
- Work with a manufacturer that pays a fair wage (more than just living!)
- Work with a manufacturer that provides stable, quality jobs
- Work with manufacturer that is environmentally friendly and works to operate a zero waste facility through LEAN manufacturing methods
- Work with a manufacturer that has an equity and dignity-based business model and work environment
- Ensure that my product has a low carbon footprint and/or is made from environmentally friendly or U.S.-sourced materials
- Ensure that my business operates as a social enterprise, meaning some aspect of your business improves human or environmental well-being
Happy Clients Report
“Jennifer’s positive, can-do attitude is contagious and makes working with Satsuma a no brainer. Jennifer is a wealth a knowledge for resources, any time I’m not sure where to find something Jennifer has the answer.” | Sara Eizen, Seattle Interior Designer & Professional Organizer - SaraEizen.com
"At Swirl Vintage, we were in need of assistance with our marketing, how to best use our social platforms and how to drive our sales. Jennifer was eager to help move us forward and suggest how to place us in the best direction to generate revenue. I appreciate her open mind to bring new ideas to the table and really figuring out who our target market is and how to move forward." | Jill at Swirl Vintage
"It is a joy to work with Satsuma! [Jennifer] is a helpful presence who loves supporting local businesses and teaching others tips and tricks." | AS
"I had the privilege of working with Satsuma on a custom backpack project to accommodate my daughter's medical equipment...we ended up with three very functional and attractive backpacks that my daughter can now proudly use. We would both highly recommend working with Satsuma!" | MS, Seattle
"How on earth are you so productive?! Teach me the way, Master Yoda!" | SH, Seattle