School Logo Wear Uniform Recycling Program
Thank you for your interest in our school logo wear and plaid uniform recycling program.
In support of our mission to cultivate sustainability in all we do, Satsuma Uniform collects used school plaid and athletic logo wear to keep them out of landfills and give new life to otherwise unwearable clothing.
Our team of sewers upcycles these items into new products (baby hats, baby mitts, kids hats, cinch sacks, zip pouches, and MORE!) that we donate to local + international children's charities as well as sell to cover our costs.
Our artisans also create a full line of plaid school uniforms at our workshop in Seattle, WA.
Get in Touch
Your support provides jobs, marketable skills and a boost in confidence to our region's newest community members. Thank you for lifting up our neighbors in this meaningful way!
Please reach out with any questions at the email and phone number listed below.
We look forward to partnering and serving your community.
With sincere thanks,
Jennifer Porter, Founder
Sewing Videos | See How We Do It!
Click on our Sewing Videos Page to see how to mend your own clothing with ease.
Watch This Video to See How it Works
School Uniform Recycling Program Instructions
1. Please fill out this form to participate. Your donation is NOT tax deductible.
2. Gather used/gently worn/heavily worn school uniform garments including the items listed under Items We Accept below.
3. Package into a mailing bag or box.
4. Mail by easiest and most cost effective method for you to Satsuma Uniform at 4620 Union Bay Place NE, Suite B, Seattle, WA 98105
Upon receipt of your shipment to our offices, you will receive confirmation and our sincere thanks for your effort and care. Thank you!
Items We Accept - All Logo Wear Please
Donate your school basics to the charity of your choice including Goodwill Industries or St. Vincent De Paul
- Plaid uniform garments - skirts, skorts, pinafores, jumpers
- Knit sweaters - cardigans, pullovers, vests
- NON-stained tops
- Athletic + Team Logo Wear
Items We Cannot Accept
- Items without logos
- Heavily stained tops and bottoms including polos, shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, pants, skirts, skorts, and shorts
School Uniform Recycling Program Features
- Free program
- Removal of all name labels and personally identifiable information on garments - your privacy is paramount! - Please review the video above for details on how we do this.
- Keeps school uniform clothing out of landfills
- Supports schools and families that need free and discounted uniforms
- Supports our social enterprise that funds skills development and sustainable jobs in the Pacific Northwest