School Uniform Recycling Program
Thank you for your interest in our school uniform recycling program.
In support of our mission to cultivate sustainability in all we do, Satsuma Uniform collects used school uniform garments to keep them out of landfills and give new life to otherwise unwearable clothing.
Our sewing team at Refugee Artisan Initiative mends the garments, which are then either donated or sold at a deep discount to schools in need of this innovative product line.
If you are an individual, group or organization that could use our help, please reach out to us by emailing jennifer @ satsumadesigns.com and include UNIFORM RECYCLING in the subject line.
School Uniform Recycling Program Instructions
1. Print and fill out this donation form. Your donation is NOT tax deductible.
2. Gather used/gently worn/heavily worn school uniform garments including the items listed under Items We Accept below.
3. Package into a mailing bag or box.
4. Mail by easiest and most cost effective method for you to Satsuma Uniform at 5001 NE 50th Street, Seattle, WA 98105
Upon receipt of your shipment to our offices, you will receive confirmation and our sincere thanks for your effort and care. Thank you!
Items We Accept
- Plaid uniform garments - skirts, skorts, pinafores, jumpers
- Knit sweaters - cardigans, pullovers, vests
- UN-embroidered sweatshirts
- NON-stained cotton tops and bottoms - polos, blouses, chino pants and shorts
- Accessories - ties, hair accessories
Items We Cannot Accept
- Embroidered sweatshirts
- Sporting uniforms - jerseys, shorts, joggers
- Heavily stained tops and bottoms including polos, shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, pants, skirts, skorts and shorts
School Uniform Recycling Program Features
- Free program
- Removal of all name labels and personally identifiable information on garments - your privacy is paramount!
- Keeps school uniform clothing out of landfills
- Supports schools and families that need free and discounted uniforms
- Supports our social enterprise that funds skills development and sustainable jobs for Pacific Northwest refugees and immigrants