DIY Halloween Wreath in 30 Minutes
Happy Monday! If you didn't pull out your spiders, cobwebs and pumpkins last weekend, it's not too late to create some Halloween drama on your front porch (or indoors!). I conjured up this burlap wreath over the weekend and love the way the burlap and dupioni silk combine for a wabi sabi effect (and yes, Wabi Sabi is one of my favorite terms). Here's how to make your own Halloween wreath in a half hour.
Here's what you'll need:
- Wreath base: any hoop, flexible foam pipe, even make it square by using 4 old paper towel tubes and hot glue them together at corners.
- 5" wide burlap ribbon or burlap scraps to cover wreath base
- 5, 6" wide x 24" long burlap strips
- 12, 3" x 18" strips of scrap fabric, silk dupioni shown. Opt for something that looks good with unfinished sides: felt, rough silk, more burlap, upholstery fabric...
- Wide gros grain ribbon to hang wreath on door or wall
- glue gun/glue