Kids' Favorite French Toast in 10 Minutes
Good morning! Most of the week breakfast comes from some sort of box at our house with fruit of course! So on the weekends, dad and I try to amp it up a notch on the nosh scale. Our Kids' Favorite French Bread Toast in 10 Minutes is standby and in light of the fact that yesterday came with a specific request for french toast from that "long, skinny bread." Happily, we complied! Here's a quick and easy recipe to delight all your petit Francophiles this weekend.
Saturday Morning Meal: Kids Favorite French Bread Toast in 10 Minutes
Recipe Type: Kids Favorite French Bread Toast in 10 Minutes
Serves: 2 hungry kids and 2 reasonable adults
- 1 baguette
- 2-3 eggs
- 1/4 c milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 Tbs butter for pan
- syrup for dipping and dripping
- Fire up skillet to below medium on stove top
- Cut in 2 Tbs butter to melt, let that melt down and mellow while you slice your baguette
- Slice baguette into 1" slices
- Crack eggs into shallow soup bowl
- Mix in milk, vanilla and cinnamon
- Dredge approx. 4 slices of bread in egg mixture on one side, then flip after 30 seconds or so, you don't want the delicate baguette to get too saturated.
- Place egg-dipped bread in pan to fry approx. 3 minutes per side. Let them hang out and get a golden brown crust before flipping.
- Bon appetit!!
Today is a gift. Let's put a bow on it!
Find happy and creative living ideas to
celebrate big and small. Let's party!
I also help makers and retailers by sharing formulas for success. ♥ jennifer
Satsuma Designs' blog features paid advertising banners, sponsored posts and affiliate links for some of the products mentioned in posts.
We only post about ideas and products we are excited about and opinions are always our own.