DIY Kids Birthday Wrapping Paper
DIY Kids Birthday Wrapping Paper with Sponge Paints
Does every weekend feel like an endurance race of soccer games, dance classes and birthday parties? Aside from the double shot latte required to make it through the demanding training schedule, here's an easy and fun DIY Kids Birthday Wrapping Paper project to keep kids happy on rainy days and delight their birthday boys and girls.
How to make Kids Birthday Wrapping paperHere's what you'll need:
- Roll of butcher, art or kraft paper. I picked up a couple of rolls of IKEA Mala art paper after my Dollar Store didn't have any kraft rolls in stock. The Dollar Store Kraft paper mailing rolls are my absolute favorite for gift wrapping.
- 1 or 2 cheap sponges. Another great Dollar Store steal.
- Watercolor paint or other craft paint, but make sure it's water soluble so you can reuse your sponges in other colors.
- Paint brushes
- Jar of water
- A few paper towels for dabbing brushes and testing sponge stamps.
- Kids Art Mat. Try ours! This oversized 40"x 20" art splat mat has 4 pockets to hold art supplies and cleans up in a snap. Our art mat is machine washable too. Choose from Russian Dolls art mat, Monkey art mat, Ladybug art mat or Jungle Animals art mat
Here's how you'll make your own Kids Birthday Wrapping Paper:
Start by sketching your shapes using a Sharpie on your sponges (birthday: party hat, gift with bow, cupcake with candle and flame; animals: puppy, kitty, bird, turtle; nature: flower, leaf, bird...and so many more. Google easy line drawing shapes for inspiration).
Carefully cut our your shapes.
Load sponge shapes with paint and start stamping!
Have a ball as you make different patterns - symmetrical or fiesta style are both fair game. Let your paper dry thoroughly then wrap your gift.
Also cut a few cards to be stamped for a sweet custom look for your next birthday bash.
Today is a gift. Let's put a bow on it!
Find happy and creative living ideas to
celebrate big and small. Let's party!
I also help makers and retailers by sharing formulas for success. ♥ jennifer
Satsuma Designs' blog features paid advertising banners, sponsored posts and affiliate links for some of the products mentioned in posts.
We only post about ideas and products we are excited about and opinions are always our own.