DIY Troll Hair with Video
DIY Troll Hair with Video
If you're not already in love with Poppy the Troll from Trolls, it's only because you haven't see the movie yet!
For the rest of us, I've created an easy, peasy DIY troll hair with video tutorial to make for your little Poppy and Branch played by my celeb crush JT.
Better yet, let your Poppy and Branch make their Troll hair with you.
The success of the movie Trolls has meant an interest in Trolls-themed birthday parties and my DIY Troll hair is an absolute must-have for the guest of honor and all his/her Troll friends. T
he DIY Troll Hair is easy to make and affordable with just a few required supplies.
Trolls Birthday Party Ideas
Trolls themed birthday parties are fun, colorful, energetic and a little to VERY loud!
You'll have fun creating amazing memories for your little Trolls with a few of these ideas.
It's a nice idea to host a Trolls party outside where the birthday child and guests can run and be active.
Trolls Party Decor Ideas
- Rainbow colored streamers from the ceiling
- Rainbow colored latex balloons either gathered on the ceiling, tied around the yard or home or formed into a garland
- Sprinkle confetti
- Twinkle lights
- Musical instruments placed around the party to play
- Rainbow colored tissue paper streamers
Trolls Party Menu Ideas
- Rainbow fruit kabobs
- Colorful veggie tray with dip
- Sandwiches with sprinkles on top
- Watermelon pops
- Sprinkle topped popcorn
- Pop tarts
- Rainbow frosting cupcakes
Trolls World Tour Movie Trailer
Here's what you need to make DIY Troll Hair
- Headband - I used a black grosgrain ribbon covered headband, but any headband would work great
- Tulle - I used one of my 6" tulle spools that I have on hand for my birthday party hosting at the shop. For Branch's black hair, I used my black tulle and simply trimmed the top in a straight line to finish
- Scrap felt - I pulled a few pieces of felt from my scrap bin to mimic Poppy's cute floral headband - turquoise for the flowers, green for the leaves and a sweet pink pom pom for a little flair
- Ribbon - I used a 1.5" wide grosgrain ribbon to tie all of Poppy's pink hair together at the top. The tulle is so nice as it will stand straight up when tied like this.
- Hot glue
How To Make Troll Hair
To make your own festive Troll hair, start by watching the short video above and following these instructions below.
Start by firing up your glue gun to make your felt flowers.
Cut a few festive and colorful flower shapes out of your felt and glue together.
Top with a small pom pom.
Now, cut 12-15 lengths of tulle that measure 24" in length.
Fold one piece of tulle in half.
Place the fold under one side of your headband and pull the 'tails' of the tulle through the loop on the other side of the headband.
Pull to secure.
Now, will the rest of the headband with tulle loops.
Trim the tulle to the desired height and shape for your Troll hair.
Finally, glue your felt flowers to the front.
That's it! Enjoy your festive Troll hair and break a leg out on stage!