The Gift of a Thank You Note
The Gift of a Thank You Note
What's the one thing you'd wish from a genie? If you're like me it's the gift of time. Unlimited time is a gift without equal. Time gives us the chance to connect with friends and family, pursue our interests and passions and live the life we want without the constant pressure of the clock.
What does this have to do with the gift of a thank you note you may wonder Because time is such a gift, the time and effort required to send a hand-written thank you note is indeed a true gift.
LIKE THIS IDEA? GET MORE IN YOUR INBOX.
Gratitude in Ink
Today's electronic communications let us share our time, thoughts and thanks more frequently, inexpensively and quickly. There is no substitute, however, for a handwritten note of thanks that arrives in an envelope through the mail.
To make the gift of a thank you note easy to give, try these simple tips:
- Stock small note cards with coordinating envelopes in your kitchen or desk where they are easy to find.
- Purchase first class Forever stamps from the post office or grocery store to make mailing a breeze.
- Find a pen with which you like to write and keep it with your note cards.
Stress-Free Thank You Note Formula
When I teach manners classes, I include a section on thank you note writing to encourage my students to share their gratitude. Often, my students will pen a note to their parents or a coach to gift thanks. What a joy it is to see them working hard to those who make their lives wonderful!
My stress-free thank you note formula follows.
- Begin with a salutation - Dear,
- Open with a sentence about your delight with the gift, service, time, etc.
- Give explicit thanks for the gift, service, time, etc.
- End with a sentence about the future.
- Write a valediction - Sincerely, Warm Regards, Fondly, Love
- Sign your name
Here's an example.
It has been such a pleasure getting to know you through working together. Thank you so much for your wonderful attention to every detail and your bright personality. Your welcoming nature is such a gift to our community. Keep up the great work!
When to Write a Thank You Note
Gift the gift of thanks more often than you get. Gratitude becomes a habit that gives back. Consider a personal challenge to send a thank you note each week to someone who makes a positive difference in your life.
Send a note of thanks to:
- Dog Walkers and Groomers
- Worship Leaders
- Place of Worship Office Secretaries
- School Bus Drivers
- Garbage Truck Operators
- Family members
- Friends from every social circle
Let's Be Social
Photos courtesy of Unsplash
Today is a gift. Let's put a bow on it! 🎀
Find creative and sustainable living ideas to
celebrate big and small. I also help makers and retailers by sharing formulas for success.
Satsuma Designs' blog features paid advertising banners, sponsored posts and affiliate links for some of the products mentioned in posts.
We only post about ideas and products we are excited about and opinions are always our own.