Low Sugar Watermelon Mint Sorbet
I know that the Ice Cream man is a rite of summer, but when he blasts by with his speakers blaring at 5:15p every evening to ply the kids with sugar and treats, I object. I've taken measures into hand and have created my own sweet treat to keep the kids happy and refreshed this summer with a low sugar watermelon mint sorbet that's juicy, just sweet enough and tasty to fend of Mr. Ice Cream himself. Serve this low sugar watermelon mint sorbet in margarita glasses for fun that kids will love. Add a mint sprig or maraschino cherry too.
Tips for fending off the Ice Cream man:
- Insist the goodies be purchased with allowance or piggy bank money
- Agree to purchase, but consume ice cream treats AFTER dinner
- Say No!
- Say Yes! and buy one for yourself!
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 3 large sprigs cleaned mint (approx 1/4 c)
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 1/2 c water
- Start by dissolving sugar in boiling water and take off heat to cool.
- Meanwhile food process the watermelon and mint
- Add sugar to watermelon mixture in a large bowl
- Pour into 9" x 13" pan or other shallow container
- Freeze 4 hours or overnight