DIY Coat Hanger Shamrock Wreath
The luck of the Irish was with me for this quick and easy project. My coat hanger shamrock wreath came together in ten minutes ready to delight all the little leprechauns that come knocking on our wee door. I'll be making more of these to scatter through the house and will definitely be using the coat hanger wreath base for more fun creations this spring. I'm stunned by how easy it is to transform a wire coat hanger into lots of new creations.
With a few easy tugs and twists this coat hanger shamrock wreath was a cinch. I added left over green burlap ribbon from Christmas decorating and with my hot glue secured ends, wound ribbon and in 10 minutes the wreath was ready to hang. This would make an easy kids project too with a little help melding the coat hanger for ease and safety. Let them cut out felt shamrocks, gold pieces and you hot glue them for added charm.
Here's what you'll need for your own coat hanger shamrock wreath:
- 2 dark wire coat hangers (white hangers are fine, but the dark won't show through the burlap ribbon)
- 2 yards or so of 2" or wider green ribbon. I used wired ribbon, which made wrapping so easy.
- Coordinating green ribbon to tie a bow for hanging
- Small ribbon to connect shamrock hanging ribbon to hook
- Twist tie to connect 2 wire coat hangers
- Glue gun/glue sticks
- Felt pieces, button, sparkly costume brooches, old earrings and other fun baubles to add for decoration.