Banana Pumpkin Oat Nut Bars (vegan and gluten free)
Problem: Abundance of over ripe bananas, 1/2 can aging organic pumpkin, obsession with oats, sweet tooth. Solution: Whip up a batch of quick and tasty gluten free, vegan banana pumpkin oat nut bars or bites with vegan chocolate chips.
Quick and Tasty Gluten Free Banana Pumpkin Oat Bars
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 c organic pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c gluten free rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon + more for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 1/2 vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand with success)
- Mini cookie cutters (optional)
- Fire up the oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray 9" square baking pan with coconut oil (or oil on hand)
- Combine peeled bananas with pumpkin with hand mixer for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth
- Add vanilla, oats, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until combined
- Add walnuts and chocolate chips
- Transfer dough to prepared pan
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Cool on wire rack
- Use mini cookie cutters to create easy to eat bites
Today is a gift. Let's put a bow on it!
Find creative and sustainable ways to make family life a delight! Sharing modern etiquette that kids will enjoy.
Satsuma Designs' blog features paid advertising banners, sponsored posts and affiliate links for some of the products mentioned in posts.
We only post about ideas and products we are excited about and opinions are always our own.