Vegan and Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Macaroons
It came fast and furiously. It was my sweet tooth. Unlike a baby tooth, this sweet tooth erupted in a momentary blast. I had little time to react, but fortunately my sweet tooth tools were at hand and I slayed that beast in 20 minutes, no more. Here's how when I whipped up my favorite vegan, gluten-free chocolate chip macaroons. Join me? Please note for the vegan and gluten-free ingredients, I use Enjoy Life Vegan Chocolate Chips and Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour. You won't notice any difference in the taste of the chocolate chips from conventional. The flour I think adds a little hint of the rice blend, but not so it will turn any takers away from these delectable little treats. Enjoy!
Vegan, Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Macaroons
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1/4 c non-dairy milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened flaked coconut (can use shredded too)
- 1/3 c gluten-free flour blend (I use Bob's Red Mill all purpose GF flour)
- 1/2 c vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- Fire up the oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare one baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients up to the coconut
- Mix in coconut flakes
- Mix in flour
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Scoop 1" balls onto parchment lined baking sheet and press down gently for a flatter cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven let cool and then have at it!