Host a Lavender and Lemonade Tea Party
Host a Lavender and Lemonade Tea Party
Summertime conjures up images from one of my favorite books titled A Year In Provence. Brit, Peter Mayle's, classic tome pulls readers through an amazing world of southern France culture and life. It's a great read to kick off any vacation even if it's in your own back yard!
I've spent a lot of time trying to capture those French feelings through food and entertaining and am sharing my lavender and lemonade tea party to help bring the magic home!
Join me as I set the table and serve some tasty treats that will delight.
LIKE THIS IDEA? GET MORE IN YOUR INBOX.
Lavender and Lemonade Tea Party Menu
- Lavender Lemonade
- Lavender Lemon Cream Scones with Devonshire Cream and Lemon Curd
- Fruit Kabobs (pineapple and purple grapes)
I served tea party treats on lemon motif plates that I nested into a small clear plastic easel. I loved adding height for the plates and napkins that are usually presented flat!
Lavender Simple Syrup Recipe
Makes 8 oz. syrup
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c water
- 1 c culinary lavender
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Heat until sugar is dissolved in water.
- Take syrup off heat and add culinary lavender.
- Let steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain lavender out of syrup and store in a mason jar.
- Lavender simple syrup keeps refrigerated for 4 days.
Lavender Lemonade Recipe
Makes a pitcher full of lemonade
- 1 c Lavender simple syrup (recipe above)
- 1 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pitcher full of ice
- Water (still or bubbly)
- Add simple syrup and lemon juice to pitcher.
- Add ice and water.
- Stir and enjoy!
Lavender Lemon Scones Recipe
Makes 8 scones
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBS lemon zest
- 2 TBS culinary lavender
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Coarse sugar and lavender to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine first six ingredients. Stir in heave whipping cream until dough comes together.
- Form dough into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle coarse sugar and lavender on top.
- Press down and cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until scones are golden brown.
- Serve with Devonshire cream and lemon curd.
Lavender and Lemonade Tea Party Decor
With the menu set, it's time to have fun decorating for your lavender and lemonade tea party. Lavender and yellow are absolutely beautiful together and create such a bright and inviting feeling.
Try a couple of my decorating ideas below and share yours with me!
Lavender and Lemonade Tassel Garland
If you haven't made a tissue paper tassel garland yet, now's your chance! These sweet and festive decorations are multi-functional, surprisingly durable and make any gathering a party.
Here's my easy to follow tissue paper tassel garland tutorial for reference.
Lemon Yellow and Lavender Balloon Garland
I had so much fun creating this balloon garland that combines small 5" yellow balloons with more standard 9" and 12" latex balloons.
I created balloon 'lemons' when I used artificial flower leaves as my lemon leaves. Too fun! To create your own 'lemons', simply separate a dollar store bloom from its leaves.
You'll note that the leaves have a pre-cut hole that you can pull the end knot of your balloon through. To add even more texture to your balloon garland, use adhesive dots or a low temperature glue gun to add more leaf pairs to your garland.
Let's Be Social
Today is a gift. Let's put a bow on it!
Find happy and creative living ideas to
celebrate big and small. Let's party!
I also help makers and retailers by sharing formulas for success. ♥ jennifer
Satsuma Designs' blog features paid advertising banners, sponsored posts and affiliate links for some of the products mentioned in posts.
We only post about ideas and products we are excited about and opinions are always our own.