Gluten Free and Vegan Super Food Brownies
This recipe needs little introduction only to say you won't be the same after making and consuming them! You won't be the same because you will feel the freedom that comes with nourishing your body with healthy foods WHILE enjoying yourself. These super foods brownies are gluten-free, vegan and are packed with black beans, oatmeal and walnuts with just a bit of sugar to keep things upbeat. You won't taste the black beans and neither will your friends when you quiz them at the next party you host. Bring these to your next book club or potluck, add them to the menu at an organic baby shower or birthday party and walk away with a warm glow at the love you've created that comes from sharing clean eating. But, most of all, enjoy!
Super Foods Brownies (gluten-free and vegan)
5 minute, one pot prep time yields decadent and chocolaty brownies boasting the nutrition of three (3) super foods. For once, seconds are encouraged!
- 1 15oz can low sodium black beans (drained and well rinsed)
- 1/2 c gluten free oats (quick cooking okay)
- 1/2 c Enjoy Life chips (gluten, dairy, soy free)
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (for lift)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional: 1/2 c walnut pieces (half for batter, half for topping - omit if desired)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Use coconut oil to grease 8"x8" glass pan
- Toss all ingredients (except 1/4 c walnuts) into Food Processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Top with 1/4 c walnut pieces if desired and gently press into top of batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes
- Wash and put away tools while baking.
- Cool for 15 minutes or so, cut in and eat up - enjoy!
Today is a gift. Let's put a bow on it! 🎀
Find creative and sustainable living ideas
to celebrate big and small.
Satsuma Designs' blog features paid advertising banners, sponsored posts and affiliate links for some of the products mentioned in posts.
We only post about ideas and products we are excited about and opinions are always our own.