Banana Choc-oat Muffins (vegan and gluten free)
In just 5 minutes you can whip up these healthy, yet decadent Banana Choc-Oat Muffins that work great for breakfast, snack or dessert with a little vegan ice cream. Yum! Only takes one bowl too. Double Yum!na
Banana Choc-oat Muffins (vegan + gluten free)
Serves: 10 muffins
In 5 minutes you can whip up these healthy, yet decadent muffins that work great for breakfast, snack or dessert with a little vegan ice cream. Yum!
- 1 medium size ripe banana
- 1 1/4 oat flour (use pre-ground GF oat flour or make your own using GF oats)
- 1/2 c raw sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c almond milk (plain flavor)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c Enjoy Life chocolate chips (gluten, dairy and soy free)
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts (optional. You'll note the choco chips are not!)
- 10 or 12 unbleached paper muffin tin liners
- Like all my favorite recipes, this is a one bowl operation. You do want to take care with order so that the cold almond milk doesn't freeze up the melted coconut oil and you get a gloopy batter - experience instructs!
- Start by mashing up your banana in the bottom of a large glass mixing bowl.
- Add your melted coconut oil and combine.
- Add your dry ingredients and stir these lightly to incorporate.
- Now add milk and vanilla and stir to combine batter.
- Finally add your chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Use a medium sized ice cream scoop to fill 10 paper muffin liners with batter.
- Bake for 22 minutes, turning at 11 minutes for even cooking. Test done-ness with a toothpick.
- Remove when baked and cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes, then remove to a rack to finish cooling. Otherwise, you'll get condensation and soggy bottom muffins.
- Yields 10 'just above the top of the paper' muffins or a dozen 'below the top of the paper' muffins.
Today is a gift. Let's put a bow on it!
Find happy and creative living ideas to
celebrate big and small. Let's party!
I also help makers and retailers by sharing formulas for success. ♥ jennifer
Satsuma Designs' blog features paid advertising banners, sponsored posts and affiliate links for some of the products mentioned in posts.
We only post about ideas and products we are excited about and opinions are always our own.