DIY Easter Strawbunny
DIY Easter Strawbunny
Put a hop in your spring with these sweet little treats for your bunnies. I was shocked to find nice ripe and sweet strawberries at the market the other day and had to pick up another pint to enjoy. In anticipation of Easter, I dreamed up this little fellow to pack into lunch and add to the Easter buffet on April 20th. In 10 minutes you too can whip up a litter of strawbunnies to delight your family, friends and neighbors. Here's how to make your own DIY Easter Strawbunny.
- Large whole ripe strawberries with leaves in tact
- Almond bark or white chocolate chips (I was surprised that our smaller sized grocery store stocked the almond bark, but turns out it's a good staple to have on hand. It melts better than white chocolate chips and stays smooth.)
- Sprinkle shapes: hearts, circles, anything you have on hand. You could use candy for the bunny's eyes and mouth too.
- Microwave safe bowl(s) - you may want a few bowls on hand because as you dip/drip your strawberries in your bark it may become a little pink.
- Parchment paper for drying
Here's what you'll do
Start by prepping your strawberry by washing, drying, cutting of the greens and setting aside. Then slice your strawberry lengthhwise down the middle.
Use one half for the bunny face. The other half, cut in half again to use as the ears.
Now you may want to cut a little of the white away from the ears to give them some shape. Make sure your strawberries are dry and set aside.
Now begin melting your almond bark in the microwave in 30 second intervals. You'll want approximately one or two almond bark sections per strawberry.
When the bark is nice and smooth dip the bunny face (strawberry half) into the bark and lay on the parchment paper to dry.
Do the same with your bunny ears and set aside.
Break your toothpick in half and when elements are dry insert the ears into the top of the bunny face.
Now use a toothpick to dab a little melted almond bark on the back of sprinkles to create the mouth and eyes.
Place these elements.
Lastly, carefully cut/rip a couple of strawberry greens off the top to create whiskers and attach to your bunny face.
Et voila! You're done. Enjoy your work and then eat!
Today is a gift. Let's put a bow on it! 🎀
Find creative and sustainable living ideas
to celebrate big and small.
Satsuma Designs' blog features paid advertising banners, sponsored posts and affiliate links for some of the products mentioned in posts.
We only post about ideas and products we are excited about and opinions are always our own.