Paleo Brownies (vegan, gluten and grain free)
After more than a year of a gluten and dairy free lifestyle that's had me euphoric from the results and down in the dumps from the sacrifices, I think I've finally found my go-to dessert that's as satisfying as it is nutritious. These gluten-free vegan grain-free brownies are melt in your mouth winners that will delight you and your family as well as guests if you need a dessert to wow. And made from a base of zucchini and your favorite mild nut butter (macadamia nuts here), they're packed with nutrients and healthy fats. Just 5 minutes are needed to prep these gluten-free and paleo minded brownies that you'll mix up in a food processor and bake for 45 minutes. You'll chill them (or freeze) to help firm them up and then enjoy!
Gluten Free Vegan Grain Free Brownies
- 2 small zucchini cut into 2" chunks
- 2 c whole macadamia nuts (to food process and turn into butter. Can also use your favorite nut butter. If doing so, use 1 cup)
- Flax egg replacement (1 Tbs whole flax seeds, ground then added to 3 Tbs warm water)
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
- 3 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prep a 8" square glass baking pan with a square of parchment paper liner.
- Then pull out your food processor.
- Begin to turn your macadamia nuts into butter by processing on high for a few minutes.
- While you're making your nut butter create your flax egg replacement by grinding in a coffee grinder 1 Tbs whole flax seeds. Add this to 3 Tbs warm water and set aside. It will turn into a paste while you wait.
- When a nice smooth consistency has been reached with your nut butter, add your chunked zucchini and process until your zucchini is 'shredded' or more.
- Now add the rest of your ingredients to your food processor including your Flax egg replacement.
- Process for a minute or so until completely blended.
- Transfer to your prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes
- Your brownies will be soft when finished. To firm them up. Place in the fridge for a couple of hours. I also put mine in the freezer for an hour.
- Store in the fridge.
Today is a gift. Let's put a bow on it!
Find happy and creative living ideas to
celebrate big and small. Let's party!
I also help makers and retailers by sharing formulas for success. ♥ jennifer
Satsuma Designs' blog features paid advertising banners, sponsored posts and affiliate links for some of the products mentioned in posts.
We only post about ideas and products we are excited about and opinions are always our own.