Paleo Brownies (vegan, gluten and grain free)
After more than a year of a gluten and dairy free lifestyle that's had me euphoric from the results and down in the dumps from the sacrifices, I think I've finally found my go-to dessert that's as satisfying as it is nutritious. These gluten-free vegan grain-free brownies are melt in your mouth winners that will delight you and your family as well as guests if you need a dessert to wow. And made from a base of zucchini and your favorite mild nut butter (macadamia nuts here), they're packed with nutrients and healthy fats. Just 5 minutes are needed to prep these gluten-free and paleo minded brownies that you'll mix up in a food processor and bake for 45 minutes. You'll chill them (or freeze) to help firm them up and then enjoy!
Gluten Free Vegan Grain Free Brownies
5 minutes to gluten, grain-free and vegan brownies that are packed with healthy ingredients to delight and nourish. These are super moist and not so much like a cake brownie, but WILL hold together in your hand so you can enjoy all the benefits of a brownie: taste, texture, feeling, without the guilt and processed garbage. Enjoy!
- 2 small zucchini cut into 2" chunks
- 2 c whole macadamia nuts (to food process and turn into butter. Can also use your favorite nut butter. If doing so, use 1 cup)
- Flax egg replacement (1 Tbs whole flax seeds, ground then added to 3 Tbs warm water)
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
- 3 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prep a 8" square glass baking pan with a square of parchment paper liner.
- Then pull out your food processor.
- Begin to turn your macadamia nuts into butter by processing on high for a few minutes.
- While you're making your nut butter create your flax egg replacement by grinding in a coffee grinder 1 Tbs whole flax seeds. Add this to 3 Tbs warm water and set aside. It will turn into a paste while you wait.
- When a nice smooth consistency has been reached with your nut butter, add your chunked zucchini and process until your zucchini is 'shredded' or more.
- Now add the rest of your ingredients to your food processor including your Flax egg replacement.
- Process for a minute or so until completely blended.
- Transfer to your prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes
- Your brownies will be soft when finished. To firm them up. Place in the fridge for a couple of hours. I also put mine in the freezer for an hour.
- Store in the fridge.