Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Valentine's Day rolled around and all of the sudden our Saturday night dinner plans in lieu of a Friday night fiesta seemed ill-advised. There's nothing like celebrating the big day a day late. Lesson learned.
So with not much time to plan a nice dinner a la familia. I opted for a rotisserie chicken, roasted potatoes, salad, green beans and carrots for the kids, which my valentine and I inevitably finish for the table.
Valentine's Day dessert was the only thing missing. With a bit of searching on the interwebs, I whipped up this vegan dark chocolate mousse that's a riff on a few standards with my secret ingredient, nutmeg.
As the name conveys, this is a dark chocolate lovers dream dessert - easy, tasty, and cheap to serve! If you're serving a variety of palates that may prefer a more mild chocolate flavor, please substitute regular cocoa powder for dark chocolate powder in this recipe. Either way, your valentine(s) will thank you!
- 1 1/2 large avocados (or 2 small)
- 1/2 dark cocoa powder (100% cacao)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4+ organic maple syrup or other liquid sweetener, eg: agave or stevia
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- To garnish try raspberries, blueberries, sliced almonds, crushed pistachios or other pairing.
- Start by scooping avocado into full sized food processor. Process until pureed.
- Add chocolate powder and coconut milk and mix to combine
- Add syrup, vanilla extract and nutmeg
- Taste for preferred sweetness and add more maple syrup if desired.
- Spoon in to ramekins or shallow glasses (champagne, red wine) and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Today is a gift. Let's put a bow on it!
Find happy and creative living ideas to
celebrate big and small. Let's party!
I also help makers and retailers by sharing formulas for success. ♥ jennifer
Satsuma Designs' blog features paid advertising banners, sponsored posts and affiliate links for some of the products mentioned in posts.
We only post about ideas and products we are excited about and opinions are always our own.