Gluten Free and Vegan Rainbow Candied Nuts
Christmas has come and gone, but one of the best traditions of the season doesn't have to be packed away with the Elf on the Shelf, 326 ornaments and thousands of sparkly lights. I'm talking about candied nuts and this riff on the appetizer buffet foundation takes a few years off with rainbow sugar sprinkles. Still a great salad topper, these rainbow candied nuts (both gluten free and vegan) are a perfect, cheap and easy Valentine's day gift for friend, neighbor, coach or your honey. Just 5 minutes of effort sweetens up any meal or snack time. Also seen on the Serenity Now blog - thanks for stopping by!
Rainbow Candied Nuts (Gluten Free and Vegan)
Serves: 1 1/2 cups
- 3/4 cup half pecans
- 3/4 cup unsalted almonds
- 1/4 organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbs rainbow sugar (India Sugar Sparkling Sugar Confetti)
- Dash sea salt
- Heat oven to 325
- Place nuts on parchment lined paper and toast in oven for 12 minutes
- When nuts are a couple of minutes from complete, place bowl with syrup and spices (NOT Sugar, yet) in the microwave for 1 minute, until bubbly
- Remove nuts from oven and pour and coat nuts with syrup mixture
- Spread evenly in one layer back over the parchment and place back in the oven
- Bake for 12 more minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with rainbow sugar and a few dashes salt, use a spoon or spatula to press sugar and salt into nuts
- Cool to room temperature
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days
Today is a gift. Let's put a bow on it!
Find creative and sustainable ways to make family life a delight! Sharing modern etiquette that kids will enjoy.
Satsuma Designs' blog features paid advertising banners, sponsored posts and affiliate links for some of the products mentioned in posts.
We only post about ideas and products we are excited about and opinions are always our own.