Kids Favorite Vinaigrette Recipe for Sweet Salads
If you're nurturing a little veggie patch this spring and summer, here's an easy vinaigrette salad dressing that the kids will love. Ask them to mix it themselves with some help from you and prepare with mixed greens and lettuces from their garden, over honeydew melon or a fruit salad.
I love the ease of this salad dressing as I just add the ingredients to my Nutribullet and combine for about 30 seconds and it's done.
To add a little kick to this vinaigrette for an adult crowd add a chopped clove of garlic for tang.
Quick Trick: to easily clean your herbs, let them soak in a cool bath (filled bowl of water) for 10 minutes before you blend them into your salad dressing.
Here's what you need for your Kids Favorite Vinaigrette Recipe:
- A couple snips each of parsley, mint, cilantro, basil, oregano and/or thyme. Whatever herbs you have growing in your garden are perfect as a base. What's fun about this recipe is to combine herbs and see if you can pick out the flavors of each.
- 1 Tbs sugar or favorite jam
- 2 Tbs rice wine vinegar. I use the lite variety. It's a little sweet and nice for salad dressings.
- 1 Tbs dijon or other mustard, just not French's. Tell the kids to save that for the hot dogs!
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 c or more extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove chopped garlic (optional)
Here's how to make your Kids Favorite Vinaigrette Recipe:
Combine all ingredients in a Nutribullet or blender and hit the ON switch!
If you prefer, add all ingredients to a glass bowl and use a hand immersion blender to combine.
Enjoy over mixed greens or melon!